Training at Cocklebur Farms
We train a small select number of gaited flat shod pleasure horses and mules for the public. We start colts, finish horses, problem solve, and work on gait improvement. Prices start at $450 a month plus any farrier and/or vet bills.
We do not accept studs due to mares at the farm.
Do not expect a "rush job" from us. Our number one philosophy is GROUND WORK to estabish respect for us and reponse to our commands! Our goal is to develop a relaxed, responsive, and well gaited horse. We have a firm but gentle approach with LOTS of PATIENCE!
Please call or email for availability or any questions about our training methods.
For the individual who wants their horses/mules trained at their farm. Great for owners who want to train their own horses but need professional guidance. Many owners just need the knownledge to take their horse to the next level.
Services offered for horses or to show the owners:
- Deatailed prepurchase appraisals at farms or auctions
- Owner teaching and training
- Breeding stock recommendations
- 10% discounts avaiable if scheduled during a weekday
- No travel charges within 50 miles of Bolivar, TN
- Call for multiple day rates